Are you a keen sportsperson who enjoys teaching and coaching children? Then why not join our team?
We’re looking for children’s sports facilitators who are passionate about developing children’s skills in sports such as soccer, netball, cricket, tennis and basketball.
Our mission is to instil a love for sport from a young age that will result in children becoming active participants in sports for life! Therefore our facilitators must engage with all participants and provide a FUN and nurturing environment.
This casual position would be well-suited to someone looking to gain further experience in working with children. Perhaps a Teaching, Early Childhood, Sports & Rec student with a particular interest in Physical Education.
The Position: Children’s Sports Facilitators deliver sports programs to Primary school aged children (5 to 12 year olds) or Fundamental Movement skill programs to Pre-schoolers aged 2 to 4 years. Programs are mostly run for 1hour at an after-school time (3:15pm to 4:15pm). Simply Sports will provide the program, activity resources, training and equipment.
Position Requirements: Applicants must agree to abide by our ‘Child safe’ policies and be able to provide the following certifications OR be willing to obtain if successful in gaining employment:
- DHS Working with Children Check (A current DCSI Child Related Employment Screening is valid until expiry date).
- First Aid Certificate
- Community Coaching General Principles (CCGP) online training
- RAN-EC Full Day Training and 3 hour updates if required.
A drivers licence and access to their own vehicle is advantageous. Locations can be up to a 30 minute drive and coaches may need to transport equipment.
Simply Sports coaches need to;
- Be energetic, outgoing and enthusiastic
- Encouraging and patient with children
- Be punctual, organised and reliable
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be flexible, willing to learn and take on feedback
Prior junior coaching and/or club level playing is advantageous.